Sunday, September 1, 2013

One Month Down...

Last Tuesday was the end-of-the-year exhibition for Hungarian Multicultural Center residency program and was the culmination of five sessions of artists from around the world participating in month-long residencies.  My colleagues, Rexy Tseng, Alexis Neider, and Debra Benditz, and our director, Beata Szechy (pictured in next post) will be friends for life.  Its impossible to live, eat, work and play with folks and not grow attached.  Debra, Rexy, and Lexy have departed for home and Bea will leave early Tuesday morning to return to Dallas.  Last night as I walked away from the Marriott after saying goodbye to Debra, a sense of excitement grabbed my heart.  Soon I'll be on my own in this great city.  Some of you may think that sounds sad, but I'm REALLY looking forward to it.  I can't wait to do more creating, writing, painting and exploring.

Alexis Neider
Beata has graciously allowed me to stay another three months in her lovely downstairs apartment. Its so perfect and simple.  I'm grateful to my kind Father for allowing me this amazing opportunity to heal and grow!

Rexy Tseng




Debra Benditz

No comments:

Post a Comment