Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Best Flea Ever!

Yesterday we went to the Ecseri Flea Market, on the southern side of Budapest.  Folks, I've got to say - I've been to a lot of flea markets and yard sales in my time -- and this is the most interesting stuff I've ever seen.  Tons of old paintings and furniture, dishes, pass books from communist days, bottles, tin toys, SS looking leather jackets, wallpaper.  They also had a langos stand.  For those of you who are familiar with Hungarian culture, langos is fried bread (great for the arteries).  Traditionally it has garlic, butter, sour cream and cheese on top.  The bread is spread out like a pizza and then deep fried.  Its really yummy, but feels like a lead balloon once its in your stomach.  :)

Here are a few treasures we found...this one is perfect for my living room!





















Love this alligator suitcase!

And now for a little limonade!




No comments:

Post a Comment