Sunday, August 4, 2013

Just About TIme...

Tomorrow is the beginning of my residency and it looks like I'm about ready.  Really looking forward to it!  For the past week I've been resting, gathering materials, resting, eating, resting, walking, resting, figuring out the public transportation system, resting, reading, resting, drawing, and trying to stay cool.  We're STILL in a heat wave, but it looks like we'll get some rain on Friday.

A week ago today, I visited Danube International Church and low and behold - a few Greenvillians were there!  Tad and Maureen Mallory decided to move to Budapest for a year with their three children, Jon, Abby, and Zach. We've spent lots of time together this week - sightseeing, laughing and checking out unusual hungarian delicacies.  It's been really fun and they've been so gracious to let me tag along.

Also, a local missionary with Operation Mobilization, Attila Kopocs, was extra kind to taxi me around to various art supply and home improvement stores.  He even set me up with a local carpenter to provide enough stretcher strips for the paintings I intend to create.  I can't express how much kindness I've been given through the lives of others this week!

Here's my first stretched canvas (made with fabric found on the streets of Budapest)!  Come back in a few days and see what becomes of this beauty!


No comments:

Post a Comment