Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Bent Tree

A few days ago I caught the #61 tram to go uptown to Castle Hill.  My instuctions were to take the tram all the way to the bottom of Castle Hill and then take a bus to the top.  Half way between the residency and the hill, the tram stopped short and EVERYONE got off.  Puzzled, I jumped off and asked a fellow passenger why we were required to jump out.  He just smiled and pointed up the road to the long sheaths of metal track.  They were replacing old track and I was plopped out in the middle of a part of town I'd never been.  As I looked around, I saw the castle and figured I could just walk.  For once I was right and enjoyed a great tour of a lovely park and lots and lots of stairs.  I spotted a graceful bent tree and thought I'd make a nice little color pencil sketch of it.  Hope you enjoy...





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Kyle. I'm enjoying your writing about Hungary. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dr. P - glad you like my blog. Its great fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts, Aunt Kyle! I'm just catching up... (Jessi)

    ReplyDelete