Saturday, July 27, 2013

William Lak Hostel

After a 10 hour long, one train change, un-air conditioned ride through the Polish and Slovenia countryside I arrived at Keleti Train Station in Budapest.  Along the way I picked up a few friends, Franz (from Berlin) and Edina (from Budapest). Edina was kind enough to point me in the right direction to find my bed at William Lak Hostel.  Even at night - Budapest is beautiful.  The architecture alone is out of this world. The Hostel looked okay on the outside, but when I went into the inner courtyard I wasn't sure I had made a good choice.  It was very dark, but I finally found the light to the stairway and up to the third floor.  William was waiting and quite congenial.

Needless to say, I slept like a baby!  Pillows, sheets, and mattresses are wonderful things.

After checking out this morning, I went out into the courtyard and took this picture.  Once again, I can see the hand of Providence letting me arrive in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment