Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Bags are Packed...I'm Really Ready to Go!

Actually, they've been packed for a few months.  Plans for this trip have been in the works since December 2012 - hard to believe the day has finally arrived.  My sweet sister, Kristi, drove me to Charlotte this morning and now I sit waiting to board my flight to JFK. Then its on to Warsaw, Poland...

"Hold on, Warsaw - I thought Kyle was going to Budapest."

Yes, yes I am - eventually.  From Warsaw I'll board a train to Krakow and spend a day sightseeing and shopping.  Interestingly, the city of Krakow had very little damage during World War II as well as its Russian occupation afterwards. Much of its architecture dates back to the middle ages. It was also on The Silk Road, a trade route of goods from China and India to Europe. The city has a daily mega-flea market and I hope to find fabric yummies to use during my residency.  Also, I'm on the look out for amazing fabrics that might be coming to a retailer near you (in Greenville, SC). 

From Krakow I'll board a night train to Budapest. Very fun!

Our flight to JFK has been delayed two hours because of heavy air traffic - hopefully I'll still be able to catch the plane to Warsaw!


No comments:

Post a Comment