Sunday, July 28, 2013

A New Perch...

After meeting a few new friends at Danube International Church this morning, I enjoyed a nice air conditioned lunch and air conditioned car ride to my new temporary apartment in Budapest.

As I'm sure most of you know, Budapest was once two cities, Buda and Pest, separated by the magnificent Danube.  Buda, generally speaking, is very hilly and more residential.  Pest is the business, political, and more touristy side and its also pretty flat.  My new perch is in the Buda hills and I absolutely love it.  I have an excellent view of the city, and have perfect privacy to read, write, draw, and rest before the residency officially begins a week from Monday.

Dalma, the woman who rented me amazing her apartment, is in the fashion industry and this place is packed full of fashion, costume, and textile books.  I could have never orchestrated this through bookings.com, so again I'm reminded that my plans are certainly being "fine tuned."  Believe me, I'm not one to cheese things up about God - but there is no other explanation but His lovingkindness...

I'm writing to you at this moment from Dalma's Kitchen.  Isn't it lovely!

And...

And here's the chair where I'll spend many an hour...

I'll post more photos of Budapest proper tomorrow.

Travel Tip of the Day:
When staying at a hostel, remember to take the roll of toilet paper left in your room down the hall with you to the bathroom when nature calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment