Monday, August 19, 2013

Wish Deb Were Here!

Late yesterday afternoon we took a trek up to Buda Castle for the annual Folk Festival.  I had no idea what a treat was in store.  Over and over again I thought of my sweet friend, Deb Potter.  She would have been in hog heaven to be by my side - fiber artists everywhere.  Most of the artists were from Transylvania, a part of Romania that is full of Hungarians.  These folks work with wool, leather, wood, clay, and all types of fiber.  We saw shoemakers, dancers, musicians, and artists of ages and types.  Felted arts were abundant.  Here's a few shots of the amazing things we saw...

This is a man's coat and is made of felt.  I've never seen one in black and white - the ones I've seen prior to this have been extremely colorful.  Love it in the black & white!


A gray felted hat and blouse with traditional Hungarian motifs.  Again, I've never seen this pattern in gray - fantastic!

And now a bit of handmade lace - boggles the mind that anyone can keep track of what goes where. Makes you realize that we have such potential to create!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - thank you for thinking of me! The detailed felt work is stunning & takes so much time to lay out. Good thing I am not with you as I would have wanted one of everything!

    ReplyDelete