Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A New Doo...

It was eight years to the day that I arrived in Budapest to teach school in Eger.  What an adventure it turned out to be - one that I will never forget.  Today I conquered one of my biggest fears - the Hungarian hairdresser.  Some of you may recall my account of seeing my bike helmet reflection in a window after my last encounter with a hairstylist in Hungary.

My experience today was totally different.  I went to a proper shop and took a picture and used as many hand motions as possible to explain what I didn't want.  I think it worked this time and here are the before and after photos to prove it.

Last night we went to the Fisherman's Walk on Castle Hill to watch the fireworks on the Danube.  It was quite breezy, but we had sweet seats and saw all three synchronized displays from the boats on the river below us.

Here's another gentleman offering me a cake on the side of the road today after my new makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment